Guardians are a vital key in a successful Honor Flight D.C. adventure. As the name implies, they are there to make sure the celebrated hero has a safe and memorable Honor Flight experience.
Since safety is of the utmost importance, we require every guardian to attend a single hour and a half training session prior to their first flight. Only one training session is required, no matter how many flights the guardian assists with in the future.
Failure to attend the required training session before the assigned flight could jeopardize their eligibility to travel with Honor Flight Cleveland.
Some of the topics covered are:
- Honor Flight Cleveland’s history
- What’s expected of you during an Honor Flight
- Detailed safety brief
- Review of a typical Honor Flight’s agenda
- Where to park and meet at the the airport
- Answer any question that you may have
There is no cost to the guardian for training and there are three locations to choose from.